Company Information Company Information
Company HistoryCompany History
- April 2009
- Sharp Display Products Corporation established.
- October 2009
- World’s first large-screen LCD panel plant using 10th generation glass substrate started operations (Glass substrate input capacity of 36,000 sheets per month).
Started mass production of 60-inch LCDs.
- July 2010
- Doubled production capacity (to input capacity of 72,000 sheets of glass substrate per month).
Acquired ISO 9001 Quality Management System certification.
- February 2011
- Started mass production of 70-inch LCDs.
- March 2011
- Acquired ISO 14001 Environmental Management System certification.
Acquired OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System certification.
- June 2012
- Took over the Sharp Corporation's large-screen LCD business.
(Established a structure where SDP can operate all stages of business, from the development of elemental technologies to planning, designing, material procurement, and production.)
- July 2012
- Changed company name to Sakai Display Products Corporation.
- August 2012
- Integrated color filter businesses.
- February 2013
- Started mass production of 80-inch LCDs.
- June 2013
- Started mass production of 4K LCDs.
- December 2013
- Developed a 120-inch LCD, the largest in the world.
- December 2014
- Developed a 60-inch Convex Curved LCD and a 104-inch 5K2K Ultra-wide LCD.
- March 2016
- Developed a 8K ultra high definition LCD.
- April 2016
- Developed Novel PLAS technology, enabling high-performance LTPS (low-temperature poly-silicon) TFT process on the large size substrate.